Use Pico TA018 current clamp for measuring currents between 10 mA and 60 A. This lets a lab scope display current waveforms for fuel injectors & fuel pumps.
The current clamp has 2 calibration settings. They are set by a slider switch on the probe handle.
- 1 mV/10 mA (100 mV = 1 A) — use this for testing currents up to 20 A.
- 1 mV/100 mA (10 mV = 1 A) — use this for testing current up to 60 A.
In use there is no need to break into the circuit or disturb the isolation as the opening jaws simply clamp around the current carrying conductor. No electrical contact is required.
These current clamps have been designed for use with PicoScope oscilloscopes and feature additional screening to reduce noise pickup.
Connecting the current clamp
The TA018 current clamp features a BNC connector and can be plugged directly into a PicoScope.
Once connected to the PicoScope, switch the current clamp on (green LED should light) and then clamp the jaws around the current carrying conductor as shown.
The TA018 current clamp simply offers the best value for money without compromising resolution. This current has multiple uses with a flexible measurement range from 10 mA to 60 A so ensuring the clamp is always in use for multiple applications such as:
– Parasitic drain measurements
– Petrol and diesel injector operation
– Solenoid testing
– Throttle motor functions
– EGR actuator testing
– Broadband 02 sensor testing (in conjunction with current multiplier)
– High current consumption tests up to 60 Amps (Motor lock up test)