AC coupling adapter
Performs relative engine compression test when attached to oscilloscope
In automotive diagnostics AC coupling adapter is very useful because you can see certain signals more closely and thus simplify finding the problem. AC coupling removes the DC component of your signal so that it is oscillating around zero. This is advantageous because it allows you to zoom in tighter on the waveform and measure small AC disturbances.
The main application is performing engine relative compression tests by observing the AC pulsations of the cranking current with a current clamp. You can also view the rectified voltage pulsations of the car alternator.
AC coupling is very useful in the car diagnostics because it lets you see in-depth certain part of mixed (AC and DC) signals.
- input frequency range: 1Hz – 10MHz;
- max input voltage: 50V;
- connector: RG-58 50 ohm BNC
- operating temperature range: 0 – 40 degrees Celsius.
- dimensions: 60mm X 21mm X 17mm
- weight: 25gr
The most common automotive applications of the AC coupling adapter, are:
- perform relative compression tests by measuring the engine cranking current with a current clamp;
- view the rectified voltage pulsations of the car alternator.
There are no reviews yet.