CarScope Viso – Basic Version – 2040 – Automotive tablet oscilloscope for troubleshooting automotive electrical problems
Powerful, Portable, Feature-Rich & a Great Price!
CarScope Viso is a tablet-based handheld automotive diagnostic oscilloscope. It is a professional automotive component tester has a color touch screen display, and is the single solution to all your engine analysis needs. The Viso automotive digital storage oscilloscope provides you with affordable performance in a compact design. Packed with useful features including: USB connectivity, component tester with built-in preset configurations, primary and secondary ignition capabilities with presets, dual graphing voltmeter, frequency counter and context sensitive help menu.
The Viso oscilloscope helps you get more done, in less time.
Start with the base kit and add more power and functionality to suit your needs. The base kit includes the embedded firmware and measurement leads for the 2-Channel oscilloscope and for the digital voltmeters.
- CarScope Viso – main hardware unit;
- Universal probes – 2 pieces;
- 18650 Li-ion Cell Battery 2600mAh;
- 5V/2A DC Wall Power Adapter – 5.5mm x 2.1mm plug;
- USB 2.0 Cable Type A Male to Type B Male (optional) – this is a standard issue USB 2.0 cable.
This is the most common A to B Male/Male type peripheral cable, the kind that’s usually used for printers.
Want more? Check out the CarScope Starter Kit or the CarScope Master Kit
Key performance specifications:
- 2-channel oscilloscope
- Each channel has its own independent ADC
- Advanced hardware trigger
- 8k point record length on all channels
- Up to 20 MS/s sample rate on each channel
• 7 inch WVGA (800X480), Active TFT Color Display
• Multilingual user interface
• Capacitive touch screen
• Zoom function
• Specially designed real-time embedded system
• Intuitive operation
• Ultra fast boot time
• Battery-powered, handheld oscilloscope
• Embedded information system
• Smart power management system
• Built-in automatic pre-set measurement configurations
• Internal Micro SD card to save and review measurements
• Built-in context-sensitive help
• PC connectivity via USB port
• Peak detect mode for viewing narrow pulses spaced far apart in time
• Store, share and recall waveforms as a BMP file or Viso’s specific output format
Computer control system
Real-time embedded system
Maximum sampling rate
2 independent 20 MS/s ADCs
2 Inputs; ±20 Volts; 1MΩ in parallel with 30 pF
Secondary Ignition Inputs
Any input channel (capacitive pick-up clamp)
Primary Ignition Inputs
Any input channel (20:1 attenuator)
Input ranges (full scale)
±0.5V; ±1V; ±2V; ±5V; ±10V; ±20V (real)
Input Overload Protection
±200V DC+AC peak
Channel 1 and Channel 2
Automatic, Single Shot, None
Rising edge, Falling edge
Hardware memory buffers
32,000 bytes RAM buffer per channel
8k point record length on all channels
Horizontally expand or compress a live or stopped waveform
Peak Detect acquisition mode
Sample acquisition mode
Sample data only
USB 2.0 device port for easy connection to a PC
8GB internal SD card
Lithium Ion Battery – 18650 cell – 2600mAh
Total Power Consumption
Average Battery Life
Battery charging voltage range
4.75V to 5.5V DC
Battery charging adapter
5V / 2.0 Amp DC out, 5.5mm x 2.1mm, Positive Center
Dimensions – main device
Approximately 250mm (L) x 175mm (W) x 40mm (H)
Weight (main unit)
Weight (basic set)
– 2-Channel Oscilloscope
CarScope Viso is a universal oscilloscope and it is not bounded to any brand or any model car.
– Comprehensive Engine Analysis
CarScope Viso is the single solution to all your engine analysis needs. It’s designed with excellent opportunities to test all types of sensors and actuators used in modern cars.
– Ignition Analyzer
CarScope Viso is a high efficiency of automotive engine analyzer. It is specially designed for automobile test and analysis of ignition systems. Ignition waveform test function can be used to test the primary and secondary ignitions. Their waveforms are displayed in a single cylinder waveform and a parade waveform. It can be used to test all kinds of ignition systems. It can be used to test ignition systems with or without distributor as well as Coil-on-Plug (COP) systems.
– Engine Analyzer
With the additional Pressure Pulse Sensor, CarScope Viso can be used for indirect checking of the engine’s mechanical condition.